The Cannon School College Counseling department is committed to providing the Upper School community with timely information and updates regarding the impact of Covid-19 in the realm of college admissions. Students and families should, however, be consistently checking emails, following Twitter and other social media sites, and confirming information on the official websites of ACT, College Board and individual colleges students are researching for their application process.
- Drexel University creates Winter Entry Program for the Class of 2020
- University of California Board of Regents unanimously approved changes to standardized testing requirement for undergraduates
- Colleges continue to alter fall 2020 schedules. Learn more in these publications: The Hill; The Chronicle of Higher Education; Inside Higher Ed; Business Insider
Standardized Testing Updates
AP Score Reports available to students on July 17th
- – ACT FAQ
- – ACT June 13 Site Cancellation List
- – If you are registered for the June 13th ACT exam please confirm your site is still open and offering the test
Summer Program Updates
Due to COVID-19, some summer programs are moving their programs online. All students who have signed up for a summer program, camp or class should contact the hosting organization to learn the status of the program and to understand policies regarding refunds.
Opportunities for remote summer learning and exploration:
- University of Rochester Pre-College Programs
- Cooper Union Summer Art Intensives
- ACLU Summer Advocacy Program
- Teen Life Guide to Virtual Summer Programs
Additional Colleges Opt to go Test Optional for Class of 2021
Colleges continue to make temporary adjustments to their standardized testing requirements due to the impact Covid-19. The following colleges announced recently that they will offer a test optional process for at least one year:
- University of Miami
- Drexel University
- Lewis & Clark College – Updated Policy
- Washington & Lee University
- Olin College of Engineering
To keep abreast of the complete list of colleges who support test optional admissions visit FairTest’s master test-optional database. Institutions temporarily suspending standardized testing will be updated periodically to a supplemental file on the FairTest site. Updates are also available via NACAC.
Virtual College Exploration Opportunities
Opportunities for students to attend admission related webinars, explore colleges and universities and attend remote college fairs can be found here:
NC State Virtual College Admission Session – Student Sign Up
Elon University College Admission Session
Colleges That Change Lives: Recorded Session Links
Online University Fair – Recorded Sessions
College Virtual Tours – Spreadsheet
You must be logged in to post a comment.