University of Central Florida – Located in Orlando, Florida
Fun Facts about the University of Central Florida (UCF)
- One of Florida’s 12 public universities
- 59,500 undergraduates attend this public university
- With just over 69,000 total students (undergraduate and graduate), UCF is the largest university by enrollment in Florida, and one of the largest universities in the United States
- UCF has 12 colleges that offer close to 100 undergraduate majors
- Most popular majors, in order: Psychology, Health Science BS, Biomedical Sciences, Nursing, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Biology, Integrated Business, Finance, and Hospitality Management
- The Rosen College of Hospitality Management is widely considered one of the top hospitality schools in the country. Countless opportunities for hospitality related internships in what is one of the most visited cities in the US
- Home to the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy
- Top rated video game design program
- Are you interested in e-sports? UCF is stepping into this arena. Paul Jarley, Dean of UCF’s College of Business, hosted a podcast devoted to e-sports – Are eSports really a think?
- Fall 2019 freshman class set UCF records with an average SAT score of 1332 and an average high school GPA of 4.17. Click on the following link to learn more about UCF admission
- UCF set records for diversity in Fall 2019: 47.8 percent of students are minorities and 26.7 percent are Hispanic.
- UCF ranks second among Florida’s state universities with 340 National Merit Scholars enrolled.
- UCF is committed to innovative community partnerships, world-class research with local impact, and the integration of technology and learning.
- Division I athletics in 16 sports, including six men’s teams, nine women’s teams, and one co-ed team (cheerleading). Click on the following link to learn more about UCF athletics
- UCF’s mascot is the Knight
- The most popular tradition at UCF is Spirit Splash, which has been recognized by Florida Leader Magazine as the best university tradition in the state of Florida. UCF Spirit Splash: 9 Things You Should Know Before Attending (video)