As the Cannon School community approaches the upcoming winter break, your college counseling team would like to give a big, THANK YOU to the many individuals who have made the first half of the 2020-2021 school year a success and one to remember.
To our students, parents, and colleagues, your adaptability, positivity, and willingness to try new approaches to teaching and learning are reflective of (or embody) the Cannon way. The grace you give yourself and others, and the patience and resilience you demonstrate daily speak to the special community of individuals that walk our halls and check in virtually from home.
While we hope you will be able to disconnect and recharge during the upcoming break, we also hope you will take a few moments to thank those individuals in your life who have guided and supported you in 2020, whether they be parents, siblings, relatives, friends, teachers, coaches, or an employer. Below you will find a fun and feel-good video showing how some students thanked their teachers. Also, below, from the article, 10 Great Ways to Show You’re Grateful Today, by Leo Babauta, you will see a few no-cost ways show your grateful.
1. Send a thank-you note (or email).
2. Do someone a free favor.
3. Give someone a list of all they’ve done that you’re grateful for.
4. Acknowledge them publicly.
Cannon’s college counseling team would like to acknowledge and thank the following groups of people:
- Thank you to our IT department for being available and supportive – especially to people like me who need the extra help!
2. Thank you senior advisors and Mr. Trojan for continually encouraging and supporting our seniors.
3. Thank you, nurses, for the long hours you have worked to help keep Cannon safe!
4. Thank you to all of the students who are adhering to our Covid portocols, limiting the spread of the virus and allowing us to maintain an in-person component to our school year through the fall.
5. Thank you, Academic Coaches, for devoting time to continued 1:1 support of students, on campus and remotely.
6. Thank you, Testing Center proctors, for your willingness to facilitate a space for separate setting and make-up testing.
7. Thank you to our student-athletes, musicians, and thespians, for being commitment to your sport or craft so that we can cheer you on as you compete or celebrate you as your perform.