Lafayette College – Located in Easton, PA
Fun Facts about Lafayette College:
- Lafayette is unique in that it is a smaller liberal arts college with a strong engineering program and Division 1 sports.
- Total enrollment is just over 2,600 students.
- Lafayette is one of just 80 colleges in the US that meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for every student.
- In addition to generous need-based financial aid, they also offer merit scholarships in the Marquis Fellowship (full-tuition), the Marquis Scholarship (half-tuition), and Marquis Awards (between $10,000 and $20,000 per year).
- Located in Easton, PA, Lafayette is about an hour and fifteen minutes from both New York City and Philadelphia.
- Admitted Student Profile: 31% acceptance rate; 3.52 average unweighted GPA; 1341 average SAT; 30 average ACT
- The College was named after Marquis de Lafayette, the famous French military officer who helped secure victory in the American Revolutionary War.
- Lafayette’s Skillman Library was featured in an episode of Parks and Rec on NBC.
- If you like maroon and big cats, Lafayette’s colors are maroon and white and their mascot is the Leopard.
- Lafayette is part of “The Rivalry” with Lehigh University. These two football teams have faced each other 155 times, more than any other two teams in college football history. Lafayette leads the series with a record of 79-71-5.
- Ask Mr. Fleckman about how great Lafayette is… he’s a Lehigh alumnus.