Catawba College – Located in Salisbury, NC
Fun Facts about Catawba College:
- Catawba, a liberal arts institution and the sixth-oldest college in North Carolina, is ranked as one of best regional colleges in the South.
- Approximately 1300 undergraduates attend Catawba in Salisbury, NC.
- ALL FRESHMEN RECEIVE A SCHOLARSHIP. In fact, 100% of freshmen students receive some type of financial aid.
- Catawba offers a Test Optional Admission Program for students with GPAs of 3.25 or higher.
- Over 70 academic fields of study, plus the option of creating your own individualized major
- Catawba’s Stay Local Program provides fantastic opportunities for students in Rowan, Davie, Davidson, Iredell, Cabarrus, and Stanly counties. First-Year Students from these counties will be guaranteed at least 50% of the tuition and fees in scholarships and grants provided they have a 3.5 cumulative GPA (weighted).
- Admitted student academic profile: 49.5% Acceptance Rate; 3.11-4.04 Average Weighted GPA; 910-1110 Average SAT; 19-24 Average ACT
- With the addition of an esports program in 2018-19, Catawba joined over 60 other colleges and universities offering the program that has become the world’s fastest-growing spectator sport.
- Catawba fields 22 Division II sport teams that compete in the South Athletic Conference (SAC).
- Cannon Catawba alumni include: Mrs. Anne Hoffman ‘90, Mrs. Jessica Kulp ‘06, and Coach Kelvin Drakeford ‘12.
- Famous alumni include: Jasika Pruitt (actress, The Good Doctor), Bob Rathbun (TV voice of the Atlanta Hawks), Pat McCrory (former governor of NC)