Queens University of Charlotte – Located in Charlotte, NC
Fun Facts about Queens University:
- Queens University is a private, co-ed, liberal arts institution located in the historic neighborhood of Myers Park, close to uptown Charlotte, NC.
- Just under 2,500 students attend Queens, 70% of which live on campus.
- Queens offers 42 majors and 63 minors, including Biology, Business Administration, Communication, Engineering Physics, Exercise and Sport Sciences, Psychology, Nursing and Music Therapy.
- Learning at Queens is intentionally designed to be active and collaborative with strong student-teacher relationships. The average student:faculty ratio is 10:1.
- It is also structured so that every Queens student obtains real-world experience: 100% of students graduate having completed at least one internship. Queens gives students credit for these internships, placing a high value on experience outside the classroom.
- Explore their Yes/And Initiative, which promotes the development of 5 key attributes in graduates of Queens.
- There are 9 Greek – fraternity and sorority – chapters at Queens.
- Admitted students hail from 42 states and 44 different countries; 50% of their attending students are from North Carolina.
- The mid-50% ACT range is 21-26, though Queens proudly adopted a test optional admissions review policy prior to COVID (one exception to this policy is the direct admit nursing program).
- Queens supports 24 Division II athletic teams, and their mascot is Rex the Royal. They’ve won 18 team national championships.
- Outstanding facilities include:
- The state-of-the-art Queens Greenhouse sits on the third floor of the Rogers Science and Health Building and supports an exterior green wall, field-based instruction, and experiential learning.
- Trexler Student Center & Young Dining Hall.
- Sarah Belk Gambrell Center for the Arts and Civic Engagement – Opened in 2020, with a 1,000-seat theater, 150-seat concert hall, 2 art galleries, and classroom space for music, art, and interior architecture & design.
- Levine Center for Wellness & Recreation – a 5,000 sq ft fitness center with full-size basketball courts, an indoor walking/jogging track, NCAA competition swimming pool, a dance/yoga studio, and student bookstore.
- Queens Sports Complex – 65 acres and one of the largest athletic venues in the region.
- To see a smattering of everything around campus, check out their Winter 2021 digital magazine.